Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Getting to School

Last week the transmission went out on my car. It's broken down several times and between myself and my wonderful mother, there's been about $2000 put into the damn thing over the past year... actually, probably a higher $ amount and a smaller amount of time. Now the old Volvo has just given up. I've been taking the bus to school with Bray and it has been a complete nightmare! I am about one day from faking an illness so I can get a break from taking the stupid valley metro transit system. When Bray was a baby we took the bus to day care or the babysitters and I took the bus to work. Aside from the scorching summer days, it wasn't that bad. He would sleep in my arms or sit on my lap and play with whatever I pulled out of my purse. Don't get me wrong, there were rough rides, but all in all it wasn't that bad. Now, however, the little monster that lives inside my 3 year old's body comes out every time we get on the bus or arrive at a bus stop. Today, for example, as we got off the first bus on the way home from school, he was pulling my hair and screamed so loudly that for about a minute afterward I couldn't hear anything clearly. And that is not even the half of it. I am so glad this day is over and honestly think I may skip class one day next week just to get a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment