Thursday, March 11, 2010

Where the F have I been?

Well, I've asked myself that question one too many times in my life. This time, the answer is "in busyland". I have been so consumed with the everyday rutine that I have not had time to blog since last semester. Which, makes me feel like I've given up on yet another project in my life. I am going to make another attempt at this and hope that I can stick with it. Who's with me? (She calls out, wondering if anyone is going to answer.)

Since my last post several things have happened. Here's an overview.

Braydon continued through preschool having some great days with lots of friends and lots of learning, and some bad days where he had "no friends," "hated school" and "never wanted to go back".

The preschool teacher that I didn't care for, apparently slapped my son's hand! I was outraged. She no longer works there. Off to pursue her "culinary dreams," the newsletter said. However, I know otherwise.

I made some good "semester buddies" some of whom I still see on campus, or have in other classes. Became close to one teacher in particular who found out last semester that she has breast cancer.... again. But she is amazingly strong and doing well.

The semester ended with a 4.0 (for the first time in my entire education!) and I was put on the President's List (which is community college talk for the "Dean's List")!

This semester is about half over. I am taking COM100 (the most basic communications class) and I hate it. BPC110 is a computer class in which I seemingly know more about the subject that my teacher! On the plus side, I have ENG102, which is going great so far and PHI118, a philosophy of sexuality class. It's amazing - although it is clear that 95% of the class signed up for the wrong reasons.

Braydon is still going though ups and downs with school, but overall he seems to love it. Life is that way I guess, so it is a good thing he is getting the hang of it early on.

Now, the question is can I keep up with everything in my life...... and still have time to write it here?

1 comment: