Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Loans, Homework and Tests

I just found out I'll be able to get a student loan this year. Just in time too, because I am already almost out of my grant money. Life is expensive! It is no picnic not working. I still think I've made the best possible choice in quitting my job and going back to school, but this is a whole new life.

It's been so hard getting my assignments done on time with a three year old constantly either begging me to play, jumping on me or needing mommy for something. I really didn't expect anything different. And it's so hard to have to tell your precious child that you can't play with him because you have homework. He has no idea what that means except that mommy has something on the computer that is temporarily more important than what he wants at that very moment. I can't even imagine how that must feel. But so it goes, because homework must be done.

Tomorrow is my first college test. Other students in my classes said that was odd; they've all had tests already. It will be for my Art History class, and I think I'll do just fine. I do need to study though, but that won't happen until Bray goes to sleep. Which has been a whole other challenge lately!

Despite all the difficulties, school has been incredible. Braydon is happy in school and I love all my classes. I have had a few "I don't want to go to school today" comments from Bray, but lets face it... we ALL feel that way sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment